Aqua was founded in 2007 by three founding partners with complementary skills and experience. Today, a team of ten people assists them with strategy and development.
Lionel Le Maux – Co-founder
After graduating from the Marseille business school, Lionel Le Maux managed French (Oddo Avenir) and European (Oddo Europe Mid Caps) midcap investment funds at Oddo & Co from 1996 to 2003. Having performed in the top 10 French funds, he decided to start his own asset management firm and founded FLINVEST in 2003. Within four years, assets under management soared from 15 million to 600 million euros, and equity tripled. The fund reached first place in Europe in 2004 and 2006.
He served as Managing Director until 2007, gaining valuable experience in high-growth management. Mr. Le Maux then chose to specialize in renewable energy and co-founded Aqua, Evergaz and Valosun.
Frédéric Flipo – Co-founder
Graduated from Lille Business School in 2011, Frederic Flipo, 39, started his career as portfolio manager at Oddo & Cie. In 2004, he joined Crédit du Nord (Société Générale group) as portfolio manager for public and private clients. He then joined FLINVEST to develop the company and specialised in mid cap European companies in the environmental sector.
Passionate about renewable energies, he co founded and managed Evergaz. He is one of Evergaz reference shareholder through AQUA company, an operational investor in the renewable and environmental sector.
At Evergaz, Frédéric Flipo, with AQUA support, turned the first biogas projects into operational plants, by realising the required studies, managing projects development and funding, directing construction and managing day to day site operations. This approach is now replicated with all the portfolio projects.
Samuel Moreau – Co-founder
Mr. Moreau is a lawyer at the Paris bar. He holds an MBA and a Masters in business and tax law, both from the Sorbonne. Mr. Moreau practiced law at Arthur Andersen, Landwell & Associates and Auguste & Debouzy and developed a solid reputation in all areas of business and tax law amongst which contracts, mergers and acquisitions, equity transactions or French and international tax law.
Mr. Moreau co-founded the PMR Avocats law firm in 2007, then the Marignan Avocats lawfirm. Today, Mr. Moreau focuses part of his legal advice on issues pertaining to renewable energy. He is a founding partner at Aqua.
- Alain Planchot, Former CEO of IDEX: 3600 employees and 724 million euros in sales, in 2015.
- Jean-Michel Laty, Former Executive Director at BRED Banque Populaire: 140 000 members, 2.6 billion euros in equity, member bank of the BPCE group.
- Claude Bismuth, former Executive Director at Morgan, a brand held by the Beaumanoir group, with over 390 sales points worldwide and 200 million euros in sales in 2013.
- Bertrand Folliet, Founding partner of Entrepreneur Venture, a venture capital firm with investments in over 150 SMEs and 300 million euros under management.
- Irène Toporkoff, Founding partner at Worldcrunch, a global news website in English with over 1 million unique visitors every year.